SEEKINGVocalist, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums, Other Percussion, Violin, Trumpet, Saxophone, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Harmonica, Flute, Other, Mandolin, Fiddle, Dobro, Vocalist - Alto, Trombone, Bagpipes, Steel guitar, Upright bass, Cello, Accordion, Ukulele, Electronic Music, Clarinet, Harp.
CanSticks and Jett with special guests Canapillar and Hats seek collaborators. This is a most unusual gig. The band is "CanSticks and Jett", musical puppets in search of collaborators who, of course, do not necessarily have to be puppets...
We are interested in collaborating with people in any number of ways.
1. From electronic music producer (you) to aspiring puppeteer (you). We can use the right puppet-friendly tracks if you got em.
2. The easiest and quickest way to begin is to meet and let us interview you over zoom (what kind of music, how you got started, advice to kids) for posting on social media.
3. We need every kind of instrumentalist and will introduce the musical instrument you play in a number of ways, including you playing/jamming with CanSticks and Jett if you are available to do so on video.
4. Playing an instrument you would be either "puppetized" or "miniaturized" to fit our format (see, e.g., our fake subscriber). Don't you want to add "puppet collaborator" to your list of musical heroics?
5. CanSticks and Jett are both drummers and could use a third. Don't worry, including puppet-sets there five in our studio. We love to interview drummers.
6. Keyboardist to fill the role of OctaSquid.
7. We are happy to work from your music and need drum-less and vocal free tracks.
8. To make better videos we need a Collaborator with expertise and skill in Final Cut Pro. To date everything we have produced would be considered a "live" video, i.e., no post production or editing. We would like to improve our videos using Final Cut Pro
10. Subscribe to CanSticks and Jett Kidds on Youtube or tell you kids about it. We have 4 subscribers at the moment and we're pretty sure one of them is fake.
We typically post on social media weekly as CanSticks and Jett on YouTube and Facebook. Everything remains Kid friendly and we have just started a CanSticks and Jett Kidds Channel on Youtube and regularly post on Facebook (@CanSticks). At the moment we are on a brief hiatus for cool studio improvements that will result in some awesome footage. We are looking for anyone who can help distribute videos on social media so if you know how to Insta, Tok, or Tweet we could use some help.
- Screen name:
- CanSticks and Jett
- Member since:
- Jun 09 2021
- Active within 24 hours
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- 22 years
the Muppets, Sesame Street, Mr Rogers. Musically we like Pop, Jazz, Rock, Latin, and Jett even likes a lot of old Country.
Outside of music our influences are to work collaboratively while accepting differences among people. We are prosocial and community oriented.
Members Of Band
Puppet Members include: CanSticks, Jett, Hatts, CanaPillar, MetroNorth, Triads, and OctaSquid.
Some puppet characters still need to be casted locally. This would likely require a local (Halifax Regional Municipality) person to fulfill the role. For example, OctaSquid is an uncast keyboard playing squid and will require someone who can play keyboard, ideally in HRM. However, we are also seeking individuals in "remote Canada" including Nunavat, Western Territories, and the Yukon. Certainly, for example, you can edit shared files in Final Cut Pro from anywhere in Canada. Even some puppet stuff might be fun to Zoom In from a remote Cabin in Helicopter country.
Of course, in "real person" terms we are just two people who have been meeting several times a week for six months; one pupetteer for each of CanSticks and Jett. We have a third person -- the only educated professional actor -- who stands in when needed. We need additional local collaborators to help bring musical puppets to life. We just expanded our studio to accommodate more puppeteers within a puppet-sized stage (magic). In addition to expansion of the space we are about to take these puppets to the next level, visually. During expansion the studio was redesigned in some unusual ways that make the studio appropriate for filming in 360-degree video.
Both of the puppeteers behind CanSticks and Jett are drummers and would like to collaborate with a drummer who is interested in playing some percussion, e.g., latin, funk, or jazz style. But, of course we are interested in bass, guitar, keyboards, sax, trumpet, and any collaborative ideas you have.
Unusual gear people don't usually have. CanSticks himself is a patent-pending drumstick and touch-screen controller and, as such, is quite unique. Additional innovative musical equipment is presented as puppet characters to help people understand these new musical devices. OctaSquid is a piece of high-tech av gear. Hatts is an entire playable drumset. The "puppet studio" is currently being tweaked to facilitate shooting in 360 video which is simply blowing our minds. Equipment-wise, these are the most innovative Canadian musical puppets on the most innovative stages you are going to find. The cast represent a number of very innovative patented devices.