SEEKINGVocalist, Vocalist - Bass, Vocalist - Baritone, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - Soprano, Rhythm Guitar, Lead Guitar, Drums, Keyboard, Piano, Background Singer, Other, Vocalist - Alto.
I started playing bass about 30 years ago, like most kids do in High School. I haven't stopped playing.
In that time, I have played a wide range of styles from various metal genre's to classic rock, pop, funk and even a Neil Young cover band for a few years.
I try not to limit myself in styles as I have been fortunate enough to have been exposed to so much this wonderful world of music has to offer.
I've been diving back in to learn music theory and begun to write my own music. I'm looking for writing partners, those that can help me expand my writing and works.
Just to be really specific with what my goals are:
1) Not looking to start a band or be in 1 exclusively, time is a fickle thing which I don't have much of
2) I am looking for those who want to collaborate on tracks/projects who are interested in swapping musical ideas (you record something and I can lay a bass line down) - or just feedback in general.
3) Anyone who hears a song I've put up on here and has some theory questions ideas, I am certainly very happy to have a conversation about that.
4) Gigs: I know everyone needs a bass player and we all have gigs that we want to do. I'm happy to see if I have time for paid gigs (not in paid beer (in fact I don't drink) or exposure) or if something with regular rotation comes up.
I used to have tons of awesome gear (Presonus, Logic etc...) in the past but don't anymore (not since kids came along and all that gear has long since sold) but I am happily recording in Garage Band with my iRig and learning about the proper way of recording instruments.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Nov 17 2022
- Active within 1 week
- Level of commitment:
- Moderately Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- 50 to 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 1 night a week
Steve Harris (Iron Maiden), Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath), Pete Trewavas (Marillion), Jason Newstead, Sharlee D'Angelo, Martin Mendez (Opeth), John Myung (Dream Theatre), Stu Hamm, Victor Wooten, Rich Brown, Larry Graham, all the cats that played on the many classic rock albums - this list goes on
There are so many to write down it's hard to include everybody.
If I look at my album list right now
Soilwork, Night Flight Orchestra, LoveBites, Nemophila, Moonspell, Porcupine Tree, Amorphis, In Flames, Andy Gillion, Dua Lipa, Arch Enemy, The Halo Effect, Gwar, Trivium, Moonspell, Pink Floyd, Primal Fear, Iron Maiden, Herbie Hancock, Stevie Wonder
- Bass Guitar:
6 String MTD USA Bass
Markbass LittleMark II Bass Head
Bergantino 1x12 cab
4 String Fretless (homemade)
Trace Elliot 4x12 Cab
Trace Elliot AH350 Head
I don’t use the trace stuff much because it’s so heavy to lug around and because it’s original.
Mac, iRig Interface
Our Time Year: 2022 Album: Mark Smeets Genre: Rock
This is an original song. Some of the fun details behind it are the fact that it's mostly bass and there are about 6 different bass layers going on (not just double tracked but different parts). Anything that isn't bass, like the orchestra, drums, guitar, harp etc...all midi.
Danger Max Supreme
Danger Max Supreme Year: 2022 Album: Mark Smeets Genre: Rock
This is an original song that I wrote for my son's YouTube channel. All bass (not the drums and organ)
An Introduction (Video)