SEEKINGBand to Join.
I'm the host and producer of an aviation TV series and longtime rock drummer with a love for playing in bands and performing. Being in television I have an extremely flexible schedule which affords me a great deal of time off for long stretches so I'm available to fill-in most nights or to join a band.
While my background is rock, I'm happy to play anything! Feel free to reach out to me at outlawpilots@
- As I have lots of spare time and love to perform I like the idea of gigging frequently. I don't have any particular goal or unreasonable ambition in mind, but I won't be the reason you're turning down gigs.
- I consider myself a good hang - a team player - a straight shooter - a no BS kinda guy. I'm respectful of your time, where you're at in life, and what your goals are. I'd expect the same.
- While I can play fairly complex music (as exhibited in the "YYZ" video) I do NOT think that every song needs a drum solo. I'm here for the music, not the other way around.
- I like to learn cover songs pretty technically accurate. I believe signature fills that even the most casual listener knows need to covered accurately. Minor concealed fills maybe less so, but even those too with practice. If you're going to do it, do it right... right?
- There are tons of cover bands but relatively few who actually cover beyond simple recognizability. I strive for better than that. If possible, the sound and feel needs to be covered just as much as the notes and words.
- I'm interested most in cover and particularly tribute projects. I respect originals, but knowing how tough the entertainment industry is, original projects are really working very heavily against the odds. I want to have fun and perform, sharing fun with audiences. It's all about knowing and making the most of your place in the universe!
- I've got a strong business sense, promotional skills, and am a TV personality (a distinguishing factor which can be used to the band's benefit... or not). I'm not looking to make this a career or anything, but it's always good to take the fullest advantage of opportunities that may present themselves.
- I'm more than happy being a fill-in or backup drummer. If you have a guy you're happy with who can't make it for a particular gig or can't gig as often as you need, I have no issue being #2 and have no interest in stepping on toes, stealing anyone's job, or messing with your chemistry.
- Screen name:
- Anthony Nalli
- Member since:
- Feb 13 2017
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Very Committed
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- More than 3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 6-7 nights a week
Rush, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, etc. But open to playing just about anything!
- Background Singer:
Extremely portable yet highly advanced Roland e-drum kit configured with double bass, 6 toms, 6 cymbals, and electronic percussion. Specifically...
Main Kit: TD-30 (Vexed), PD-128-BC, PDX-100 (x4), CY-5 (x2), CY-15R, CY-14C (x2), CY-12C (x2), CY-8, KT-10 (x2), FD-9, BT-1 (x6), SPD-SX, Gibraltar GCS-ERK rack, QSC K10 & Ksub, Bose QC35 cans, Red Roc-N-Soc Nitro throne
Mini Kit: PD-85 (x4), CY-5 (x3), MDS-TDKP1 folding rack
I've played acoustic drums for most of my life and LOVE the versatility, flexibility, and volume control that electronic drums provide. In most gigs, the drums don't get properly miked and therefore don't sound anywhere close to what e-drums can pull off. Plus, I have the ability to insert custom cloned kits for cover songs. Believe me, nothing sounds better than cover songs with the right sounding drums played by the right drummer!
YYZ (Anthony Nalli on drums)
YYZ (Anthony Nalli on drums) Year: 2017 Genre: Rock
This is a drumless version of YYZ by Rush with me playing the drum part. This is after just 1 day of practice after not having played this song for over a decade. Props to The Professor for the inspiration.