Contact: greyhalo at dot com
We are looking for some kindling. We are The Bonfire Merchants. We play music for the Ember generation (people who would be on Tinder 'cept they are over 40). Focus is on DANCE MUSIC from mostly 80s, with some 70s and more recent.
ALL COVERS PLEASE. We will be a tight band that gets paid to cover melodic dance hits that are not your typical top 40 (see sample set list below). Not a note-for-note tribute band, but a very solid and playful group who play to please.
We rehearse together once per week, and our goal is 1-2 gigs per month.
Re: Demos (attached):
All are my own voice (no autotune or other fixing). They are provided to demonstrate vocal range and/or power. I AM NOT PERFORMING MOST OF THEM ANYMORE because they aren't really danceable (unless very, very drumk).
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Oct 31 2016
- Active over 1 month ago
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Under 10
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 2-3 nights a week
- Most available:
Do you like 80s uptempo dance music by The Smiths, Simple Minds, Big Country, English Beat, David Bowie (Modern Love phase) Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Psychedelic Furs, The Jam, etc.? If so, contact me.....
70s uptempo dance music by Squeeze, Elvis Costello, etc.
Sample Set List (Dance dance dance!)
1. Dancing with myself - Billy Idol
2. Just Like Heaven - The Cure
3. Waterfront - Simple Minds
4. White Wedding - Billy Idol
5. Burning down the house - Talking Heads
6. She drives me crazy - Fine Young Cannibals
7. This Charming Man - The Smiths
8. I Melt with you - Modern English
9. How Soon is Now? - The Smiths
10. Heaven - The Psychedelic Furs
11. Modern Love - David Bowie
12. Friday I'm in Love - The Cure
13. My Type - Saint Motel
14. Original Sin - INXS
15. Alive and Kicking - Simple Minds
16. Let's Dance - David Bowie
17. Don't you want me - The Human League (with audience participation - female)
18. A Town Called Malice -The Jam
19. Can't get used to losing you - English Beat
20. The Impression that I get - The Mighty Mighty Bosstones
21. Rock the Casbah - The Clash
22. Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode
23. Coming of Age - Foster the People
- Background Singer:
- Acoustic Guitar:
Gretsch 5420T Hollowbody electric
Electric Classical Guitar (Yamaha)
Fishman Loudbox Artist
***By the way, totally kidding about the bagpipes. Is there such a thing as an expert bagpipe player in any case? I mean, I have offered people money to stop playing the bagpipes.....
Morning Glory-DemoThanks to Rob Cayer and Desperate Executives for the demo.
Crazy Train-DemoThanks to Rob Cayer and Desperate Executives for the demo.
Message In a Bottle-Demo
Message In a Bottle-DemoThanks to Rob Cayer and Desperate Executives for the demo.
Dani California-DemoThanks to Rob Cayer and Desperate Executives for the demo.
Echo Beach-DemoThanks to Rob Cayer and Desperate Executives for the demo.