** Seeking drummer **
Dashboard Stereo started with lead vocalist Andrew, and bass player Clarence, who worked together in a previous band (OnEdge, 2010/2011). Tracks are home recordings of that band. Live video was from the same period when phone cameras didn't pick up any bass! Two guitarists have joined the effort to create a project that is equal parts fun and top-quality. All members have lots of experience, walk the walk when it comes to booking gigs, and get things done while having fun.
The pandemic is real, conspiracy theorists need not apply. However, once all the Covid craziness is behind us, we plan to be firing on all cylinders. The hope is that starting a band now provides motivation to plug in at home and gives us something to look forward to.
Looking for band members who prefer to be in one project at a time and focus on helping to build something worth doing. Given the challenges of getting into a room together, including video/audio on your profile is appreciated.
• Are the first three presets on your car radio 97.7, 107.1, and 107.9? We're the band for you. A blend of classic, modern, and alternative rock songs that anyone will recognize. We want to be bookable. Upbeat and energetic.
• We’re in the 50 to 54 range if it matters to you.
• We have lots of fun but take the quality part of things rather seriously.
• We learn songs on our own time and show up to band practices (1X per week) with our parts ready. We're not "jammers."
• The plan is to gig once a month. Sometimes gigs will pop on consecutive nights or consecutive weekends. We might go an entire month without a gig. It depends on the opportunity, but in general, we'll aim for a balance.
• We are "volume aware" :) Hey, we actually love it loud. Not many bar owners love it, and they're the boss!
• When there are opportunities for $, we'll take it. However, we plan to work with bar owners and help them get back on their feet. If we are as good as we think we'll be and draw crowds, then the $ will follow. The live scene was on life support before the pandemic. Gotta be realistic as we all claw our way back!
Cheers … cppoirier at rogers dot com.
- Screen name:
- Member since:
- Apr 18 2021
- Active within 24 hours
- Level of commitment:
- Years together:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 1 time per week
- 46 years
Think the best "rock party mix" of songs from a HTZ-97.7, Q107 and Y108 playlist. Setlist TBD, but all these songs are in the mix for discussion ...
Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith
That Song - Big Wreck
White Wedding - Billy Idol
All The Small Things - Blink 182
Digging a Hole - Big Sugar
Suffragette City - David Bowie
Short Skirt, Long Jacket - Cake
Surrender - Cheap Trick
Heavy - Collective Soul
Hysteria - Def Leppard
Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
New Sensation - INXS
Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon
Shadow of the Day - Linkin Park
Hello Timebomb - Matthew Good
Bang a Gong - Power Station
The One I Love - REM
Figure It Out - Royal Blood
1979 - Smashing Pumpkins
Between The Lines - Stone Temple Pilots
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
Friday I’m In Love - The Cure
Learning to Fly - The Foo Fighters
Times Like These - The Foo Fighters
Tweeter and the Monkey Man - The Headstones
When You Were Young - The Killers
Mr Brightside - The Killers
Come Out & Play - The Offspring
Steady As She Goes - The Raconteurs
I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
I'm With You - The Stills
Last Nite - The Strokes
Little Bones - The Tragically Hip
Not Ready to Go - The Trews
Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind
I Will Follow - U2
And we're game to take pop hits and rock them up for fun:
Waking up in Vegas - Katy Perry
Members Of Band
Vocals: Andrew Powell
Lead/rhythm guitar: Brant Beckta
Lead/rhythm guitar: TBA
Bass: Clarence Poirier
Lots of good stuff!