- Member #
- Member since
- 21 Jul 2008
- Last activity record:
- Active over 1 month ago
- Instruments played:
- Background Singer, Other Percussion, Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocalist - Tenor, Vocalist - General
- Classic Rock, R&B, Alternative/Modern Rock
- Screen name:
- Leandro Motta
- Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3R8
- 40 years old
- Level of commitment:
- Years playing music:
- Gigs played:
- Over 100
- Tend to practice:
- 2-3 times per week
- Available to gig:
- 4-5 nights a week
Trumpet, Trombone, Saxophone, Rhythm Guitar, Piano, Other Percussion, Other, Lead Guitar, Drums, Background Singer.
• The Risk, an own song inspired by the discovery of the oldest tree in the world – a 9,550 year-old spruce – has rendered an article in Umea University, Sweden (http://bit.ly/kzfWO5).
• Formed the band KG & The VIPs along with the former South African Idol’s Finalist Kgomotso Tsatsi. The band won 2008 Honey Jam sponsored by Now magazine and played in many clubs in Toronto and in the GTA in 2008 and 2009
• Supported American Harmonica Player and 2006 Grammy Music Award winner Peter Madcat, who worked with jazz legends such as Dave Brubeck and Paul Desmond - through bass and singing over period of nine years (www.madcatmusic.net/grammy.html)
• Recorded Peter Madcat’s Live Album “Live in Rio” which became of the artist’s best selling CDs (www.madcatmusic.net/store.html)
• Worked with Martin ‘Doc’ McKinney – producer of Sting and Sinead O’Connor among others – as production / recording assistant and bass player
• Diploma in Audio Recording, TARA / EMI Music Publishing Canada
• Bachelor Degree in Music Education
• Appeared on National Broadcast TV Shows including an Audience Talk Show in front of 600.000+ viewers
• Supported both national and international artists, including former members of a Multi Gold and Platinum Disc Awarded Band. Played and sang live and at recording sessions; composed and produced music CDs.
• Recorded six CDs since 1996, including a solo album – sang, played bass guitar and percussion, composed and produced the album.
The most ecletic ones, such as Jeff Buckley, Radiohead, Beatles, Stevie Wonder, Neil Finn, Arcade Fire, Tori Amos, Bjork, Thin Lizzy, Prefab Sprout, Elvis Costello, Glenn Hughes, Jorge Drexler, Chet Baker, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Sting...
• You can reach me through my FB page or even through my WS. It's easy: my name. I'm not a premium member.